Chillin Chillin...

Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm back

I know, I know, it's been a while since I have had time to post on the blog. But here I am, I'm back. Hopefully I haven't lost my four consistent readers (Leslie, Justin, Aunt Debbie, and Doobie). Sorry guys, hopefully we will be seeing more posts in the next couple of days. A lot has happened since my last post, and I don't know where to start, so I will randomly talk about everything (hopefully I will cover everything).

First the job. I have been back at ADS for two weeks now, and so far it has been great. I really like my boss (which was a big question mark since he started two weeks before me and I hadn’t met him). He has a very strong technical background, knows how to deal with politics (which I lack), and is a no-nonsense type of a guy. In the two weeks I have been there I have already learned a good deal from him. I have created a couple of windows services, and have started designing a new database for one of the major applications used over there.

Next, Leslie is 10 weeks pregnant. Yeah!!! We went to the doctor's office last week and got to hear the heart beat. It was a big relief considering Leslie hasn't been feeling great lately. So far this pregnancy has been a lot different from Sam's. Leslie is tired a lot (which she was with Sam), but she is constantly feeling nauseas and sick. Hopefully it will go away in the next couple of weeks.

Samantha is doing great. She has four teeth coming in on the top, and two coming in on the bottom. She is doing awesome at swim practice. She is going under the water without crying, and is starting to have a really good time during the class. She's walking all over the place, saying hi to every person she sees, and displaying her independence every chance she gets. We are still struggling with eating meat and veggies, but it seems like every chance we introduce a new fruit she finds her new favorite food. Here is the latest picture.



Leslie and I went to an amazing wedding a couple of nights ago. It was for a close family friend. The wedding ceremony (which started at 8:00) was in a beautiful room that seemed like it was taken out of a fairy tale. It took about twenty minutes just for the wedding party to walk in. I was of course on my blackberry for the majority of the time trying to get updates on the Heat vs. Pistons Game 3 playoff game. The party started off with the Broadway cast of Fiddler on the Roof performing for about thirty minutes. Was a surprise for everyone, and was amazing. A one hour hora followed the performance. And then it was off to partying (two bands so there was constant music). By the time we got the food it was past my bed time. We ended up leaving the party around 2:00, but I heard the party lasted until 3:30.

Last night we went to Blue Moon Fish Company for my Mom's birthday. Of course, the food was amazing. I had some Gumbo to start off. Awesome. Next a Caesar Salad. As far as I'm concerned, a salad is a salad. Then it was the main course, the Lobster special with a shrimp milanese rice pilaf. Awesome. And then we finished the evening off with a liquid filled chocolate torte. Awesome!!! Was the perfect dinner...

Well, almost. About half way through the dinner my second glass of wine was on the way to the table. As the waitress was handing my dad his glass of wine, for some reason the bus boy thought he was helping out the waitress by taking the tray from her (without her knowing). The tray then falls right on my Aunt Debbie. Her shirt was ruined along with her pants. Some of the wine got on my cousin Melissa's Coach stuff (you don’t mess with my cousin’s Coach stuff). The waitress was completely embarrassed, while the busboy was smiling when this happened and snuck away instead of helping clean up.

The manager came over and took care of everything. She comp’d my Aunt's dinner and the coffee. They are replacing her clothes, and she got a free Blue Moon Fish Company shirt out of the deal.

After dinner I headed of to my buddies house to play some poker. Was only five of us for most of the night. Turned out to be a good session for me. Was up $73 for the night, and played some really good poker. Made a couple of really good bluffs, but also got some really good cards.

Whew, I'm tired of typing and Game 4 of the Heat Pistons series is about to start. Hopefully it won't be too long before my next post.

Prediction for the game:

Heat - 102
Pistons - 89

1 Comments:

  • Finally. A new post. Yeah. But the cocktail hour started at 8 the ceremony didn't start until 9:30. But as your faithful wife i am glad you blogged.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home