Chillin Chillin...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This Weekend in Review

Alright, so the bachelor party wasn't as good as I hyped it. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time, but when you are ready to leave at 12:00 A.M., and don't get home until 6:00 A.M., it kind of kills the night (or in this case the morning). Plus, I had to get up at 8:30 A.M. to take care of Sam (Leslie was spending the morning with her Mom for her birthday at the spa). And to make matters worse, Sam is teething, and yes you guessed it, she was already up when I got home at 6:00 A.M. So those 2 or 3 hours of sleep I was planning on getting didn't happen. Leslie had been up with her since 5:00 A.M., and Leslie didn't get too much sleep as well. So, the three of us were a real pleasure to be around to say the least.

Fortunately Sam was in a very good mood the rest of the day. And once the sun came up I was feeling ok as far as energy. I think the shower and the bagels and cream cheese kept me going. The rest of the afternoon was pretty chill. Later on that night the family, my in-laws, and my brother and sister-in-law all went out to dinner for my mother-in-laws birthday. We had 6:00 P.M. reservations at the Blue Moon Fish Company. This place was awesome. I had gumbo as my appetizer and the surf and turf special as my entree. Really good stuff. I had some of Leslie's Rack of Lamb and that also was very good. It was a really nice dinner. We’ll definitely be going back there. By the time dinner ended it was about 8:30 (Samantha was starting to get cranky). We got home and passed out. The three of us were all very exhausted.

The next day was MLK Day, and since I work at a bank I got the day off. It was an uneventful day. We ran a couple of errands, got Samantha some clothes and pajamas. The highlight of the day was we ate lunch at Firehouse Subs. I have been craving a Steamer sandwich since I left Tallahassee, and it was right next to the Babies R Us on Commercial and University. It was awesome. After the shopping we went home. Did a few things on the outside of the house. Then just chilled the rest of the night. Watched a little of the Golden Globes with Leslie and managed to get a poker game in before the night was over.

That's it for now.

1 Comments:

  • Of course! What would a day be without a poker game of SOME sort... :)

    Great stuff so far, Bry... keep it up!

    Doobie

    By Blogger LoveBoatCaptain, at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home